If you missed the premiere of the 2012 Soul Train Awards (or just need to re-watch the goodness), there’s a slate of encore presentations coming up over the next couple weeks to make sure everyone gets their fair share of soul.
This year’s iteration of the awards show was the first since the death of Soul Train’s legendary creator, Don Cornelius. With his son Tony Cornelius on hand, the show paid tribute to Don and his contributions to the art of dance.
Other music icons like Stevie Wonder performed at the show (Wonder signed, sealed and delivered the finale), but plenty of time was dedicated to new and emerging hip-hop and R&B artists as well. Ne-Yo, Miguel, Keyshia Cole, John Legend and 2 Chainz all took over the Soul Train stage to perform.
Speaking of 2 Chainz, check out his performance, above, to find out what he wants for his birthday. You can also catch the encore presentations:
- Tonight, Nov. 27 at 7:30 p.m. ET/PT on BET
- Saturday, December 1, 2012 at 9pm ET/PT on BET
- Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 9pm ET/PT on BET
- Saturday, December 8, 2012 at 5:30pm ET/PT on Centric
- Friday, December 14, 2012 at 8pm ET/PT on Centric