Like many a media conglomerate, Viacom and its brands are often abuzz in the news. With 26 networks and the oldest film studio in the world, celebrity and entertainment headlines abound. Thanks, too, to the creative minds that are always churning and forming innovative partnerships here at Viacom, we’ve got plenty of business stories and general interest pieces. And as media meets the latest technology in the twenty-first century, there’s no shortage of tech news about our robust mobile and digital properties, our work on emerging platforms. Of course, credit, too, is due to the PR teams that work tirelessly to push out our good news.
This new weekly fixture will bring you a handpicked sample of the great reads — in no way exhaustive — that highlight some of the exciting happenings around the company. Enjoy our inaugural pickings, below:
- MTV EMAs producer discusses plans for the show, which will include Miley Cyrus and air this Sunday, Nov. 10 at 7/6c on MTV.
- Note To Brands: Make Your Own Kind Of Network, an op-ed by Viacom’s integrated marketing master, Dario Spina
- The New Yorker excerpt of Ron Burgundy’s memoir.
- Comedy Central’s digital studio adds six new shows.
- Stephen Colbert at the New York Comedy Festival: 10 Things We Learned. The NYCF has been making headlines all week, happening in NYC through Sunday, Nov. 10.
Did we miss a marquee story? Add it in the comments.