Viacom brands are lucky to have some of the most passionate fans in the world. So it’s no surprise that our brands take Comic-Con – called “the epicenter of all fandoms” by MTV – to heart, as a chance to connect our amazing fans to our talent and creators. If you’re one of the 100,000-plus comic/film/TV/entertainment aficionados descending on Comic-Con 2014 this week, we hope you’ll make time to geek out with us. From Nickelodeon’s much-anticipated Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles franchise to some of Comedy Central’s hottest comedians, we’ve got talent, creators, panels, previews, parties, laser tag, giveaways and even mtvU’s own award show, dedicated to the fans that keep us going, to round out the four crazy days in San Diego.
Meanwhile, for all the fans who want an inside look but can’t make it to the convention, Spike will be showcasing “Comic-Con All Access.” This will feature a team of correspondents who will serve as the conduit for questions for celebrity talent, booth visits, panel coverage and party access. Fans can help steer the coverage and unlock show content early by tweeting with the hashtag #ControlTheCon.
Here’s a quick look at what we’ve got going on:
- MTV Fan Fest, featuring performances from Linkin Park and rising hip hop artist G-Eazy, food, drinks, games and giveaways as part of a free party at Petco Park on Thursday, July 24
- The mtvU Fandom Awards,which recognize the achievements of fans and their favorite obsessions with special surprises and experiences on Thursday, July 24
- MTV.com to air live-stream interviews Thursday, Friday and Saturday (July 24-26), from 4pm ET – 7pm ET
From Comedy Central:
- “Key & Peele” Introduces “Moonbeam City” Back-to-Back Panels on Thursday, July 24 from 1:30-3:00 p.m. in the Indigo Ballroom at the Hilton Bayfront and “Brickleberry” Panel Friday, July 25 from 5:30-6:30 p.m. in Convention Center Room 24ABC
- #ComedyCentralCon Free and Open to the Public Fan Event Featuring “Moonbeam City” Laser Tag, Comedy Central GIF Booth, Giveaways and More on Friday, July 25 and Saturday, July 26 from 11:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m. at The San Diego Wine & Culinary Center (200 Harbor Dr. #120, across from the Convention Center)
- “Workaholics” and “Brickleberry” Autograph Signings: “Brickleberry” Signing at the FOX Booth in the Convention Center on Friday, July 25 (Time TBA); “Workaholics” Signing with Blake Anderson, Anders Holm and Kyle Newacheck at #ComedyCentralCon from 3:00-4:00 p.m. on Saturday, July 26.
- “@midnight” Live Show Hosted by Chris Hardwick and Featuring Comedians Steve Agee, Grace Helbig and Brian Posehn at the Balboa Theatre on Friday, July 25 at 10:30 p.m.
- Legend of Korra: Book Three panel on Friday, July 25 from 11:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m., Ballroom 20
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles panel on Saturday, July 26 from 11:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m., Room 6A
- Sanjay and Craig panel on Sunday, July 27 from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m., Room 6A, along with a preview of new animated comedies
Featured content and interviews from Spike:
- A special segment on the 75th Anniversary of DC Comics Batman including interviews with Jim Lee, Scott Snyder
- The Cast of “Into The Storm” (Sarah Wayne Callies, Matt Walsh and director Steven Quale)
- The Cast of “Hannibal” (Caroline Dhavernas, Scott Thompson, Aaron Abrams) and show runner Bryan Fuller and EP Martha DeLaurentiis
- Nerd Machine’s Zachary Levi
- The Cast of “Let’s Be Cops”
- Bellator’s Quinton “Rampage” Jackson
You can help keep up with Spike’s Comic-Con coverage or tweet your own requests for what you want to see by using the hashtag #ControlTheCon throughout the convention.