Going to India anytime soon? Your favorite Viacom characters will meet you there. Our partnership with India’s Network18 is called Viacom18, and it has been a huge success. Viacom18 unveiled its latest platform, VOOT, on March 29.
- Free: VOOT will be available for free on iOS, Android, and the Internet.
- Exclusive: VOOT will be an alternative to Netflix, and other subscription-based services. In fact, MTV, Nickelodeon, and Colors are found only on VOOT in India.
- Great for Kids: Young travelers can enjoy everything from Nick’s Dora the Explorer and SpongeBob SquarePants to Nintendo’s Pokémon, and India’s Chhota Bheem. The idea is to create the largest curation of kids’ shows in India.
- Culturally Relevant: Bollywood celebrities such as Gulshan Grover, Baba Sehgal, and Alok Nath will star in VOOT shows.
- Diverse: VOOT will showcase original comedy, drama, talk shows, reality TV, and even India’s first mockumentary. Fans around the globe can still tune in, as VOOT features content in different languages.
Viacom18’s Group CEO, Sudhanshu Vats, explained the philosophy behind VOOT.
“With kids’ content and our entire VOOT Originals line-up, the focus was to get people addicted to happiness. Through our content strategy, that is what we have held true.”