When Cablefax: The Magazine turned its September issue over to acknowledge top minority executives in video and broadband, we were not surprised to see Viacom well represented. Our brands have long prided themselves on diversity, from behind-the-camera talent to programming to our board of directors. Such strong representation on Cablefax’s list is encouraging as we work toward an ever more diverse media and entertainment landscape.
“[The individuals included on these lists] are leaders in all facets of the industry – and what they have to say, which sometimes includes criticisms of cable’s diversity status – are all important pieces of the conversation,” writes the magazine’s editorial director, Amy Maclean.
Cablefax divided their honors up into several categories, and Viacom executives landed on two of them – Leaders and Influentials. A brief overview of each list, along with the names of our honored employees, is below. Viacom congratulates the individuals in each category and thanks them for their vital contributions to our success.
From Cablefax: “Our salute to the industry’s top 100 minority executives”:
2. Debra Lee, Chairman & CEO, BET Networks
15. Scott Mills, EVP & Chief Administrative Officer, Viacom
23. Louis Carr, President, Broadcast Media Sales, BET Networks
25. Richard Gay, EVP, Strategy & Operations, BET Networks
29. Stephen Hill, President, Programming, BET Networks
32. Darrell Walker, EVP & General Counsel (retired), BET Networks
33. Zola Mashariki, EVP & Head of Original Programming, BET Networks
35. Vicky Free, EVP, Marketing & CMO, BET Networks
36. Marva Smalls, EVP, Global Inclusion, Strategy, Viacom; EVP, Public Affairs & Chief of Staff, Nickelodeon
42. Michael Armstrong, EVP & GM, International Brand Development, Viacom International Media Networks
48. Kay Madati, EVP & Chief Digital Officer, BET Networks
74. Michele Thornton, Head of Television Sales, BET Networks
From Cablefax: “These individuals have real clout in the industry and beyond”
Donna Blackman, SVP, Finance, BET Networks
Kodi Foster, VP, Data Strategy, Viacom
Maureen Guthman, SVP, Programming & Acquisition, BET Networks
Kim Lewis, SVP, Sales, West Coast & Midwest, BET Networks
Connie Orlando, SVP, Specials, Music & News, BET Networks
Caralene Robinson, EVP, Brand Marketing & Creative, VH1