Viacom’s Paramount Channel already has a robust worldwide footprint, with networks spanning Europe, South America, and Asia. The channel has unique programming in 12 countries, including Spain, Russia, Sweden and now one more: Vietnam.
“We’re excited to sign another distribution deal for Paramount Channel in Asia with IMC, as we continue to expand the footprint of the fastest-growing brands in VIMN’s international portfolio,” said Paras Sharma, senior vice president and general manager of Viacom International Media Networks in Southeast Asia. “Paramount Channel offers audiences a well-curated movie viewing experience. We look forward to offering a unique programming line-up with great content our audiences will love in Vietnam.”
Here are 5 things you need to know about the new channel:
1. It will run 24 hours in high-definition, so viewers in Vietnam will be able to satisfy a movie craving anytime they’d like.
2. Paramount opened up its vault of fan-favorites for this channel. Vietnamese viewers will be able to watch award-winning blockbusters, franchises, and cult favorites such as Shrek, How to Train Your Dragon, The Godfather, Mission Impossible, Transformers and Star Trek.
3. The network has an algorithm curated to suit different audiences’ tastes, so each week it will feature a collection of movies and movie stunt packages grouped by theme. There will be specific times for blockbusters, as well as original Vietnamese programming.
4. In addition to films, the channel will air exclusive behind-the-scenes content.
5. Viacom partnered with Vietnamese multimedia communications group International Media Corp (IMC) to launch Paramount Channel Vietnam. This is a winning combination. Viacom and IMC collaborated previously to create MTV Vietnam and Nickelodeon’s first block on IMC’s free-to-air channel, YouTV in Vietnam.